2014(e)ko apirilaren 14(a), astelehena

Across France

Hi

It’s been nearly a week since I entered France through the coll of Banyuls, this same pass was chosen by many refugees who escaped from Franco’s troops in 1939. I’m not trying to escape from anyone but going rather slowly.
I have some communication issues as I speak no French and despite I’ve been told many of them speak Spanish I had no luck finding those people. However the universal “sign language” is working perfectly and have to say that French people have been most helpful; I’m currently in Montpellier, this morning I’ve must have looked lost when a cyclist approached me and offered accommodation in his house, or earlier this week as I was having lunch on a bench someone invited me to have coffee in his house…
Things are easy for cyclists in France, there are plenty of cycle lanes and campsites, I try to free camp whenever I can otherwise I might have to get a job before I get to Tokyo!
I’ve also decided the route for the following days, I’ll be going to Switzerland through Grenoble and exit the country cycling by lake Costanz toward Munich where I plan to visit some friends.


Below I video that should have been uploaded few days ago and some pictures of the last week.


bcn eng from lander on Vimeo.

1 iruzkin: