2014(e)ko apirilaren 26(a), larunbata

Alps- ENGLISH

Hi,

I’m currently in Albertville, I’ve ditched the initial plan of following the Rhone river all the way to Switzerland, when I saw the alps in the horizon it was too tempting not to leave the beautiful but rather boring river path on the side.

Last time I updated the blog I was in Montpellier, I had a great time thanks to David, a guy from Madrid who approached me on the street (must have looked a bit lost) and within 2 minutes he invited me to stay in his apartment!

I spend two fantastic days with him, he not only showed me the touristy bits of the city but also took me for a bike ride along the coast and gave me lots of interesting facts about the city, French culture etc. After spending time with David I was ready to hit the road again, this time I was heading towards Grenoble where I’ve contacted Tan via CS.

To get to Grenoble I had to do more kilometres than I’m used to and most of them on hills, I was absolutely knackered by the time I made it to Tan’s house but it was worth every effort because I was about to meet Tan, another great host in this trip.

Tan is from Vietnam, he’s a scientist finishing his PHD. In Grenoble. He is one of the most hospitable person I’ve ever met, he always welcomes travellers from all over the world and cooks delicious meals for them. I ended up spending three days with him, we cycled, hiked, swam and above all had great time getting to know each other.

Now I really hope both David and Tan will be able to come to see me when I’m finished with this trip, it will be a pleasure to host them.

Thank you guys!

Now the next destination is Chamonix, really looking forward to take a closer look to those giant mountains.


PS. In the video a made few mistakes and some parts are in Basque, it’s too time consuming to fix it so hope you are able to enjoy it as it is!


Montpellier-Alvertville-engl from lander on Vimeo.

iruzkinik ez:

Argitaratu iruzkina